What would you pick?
After making a new changes to the cube, I thought I'd throw up another crack-a-pack, and it's a good one:
- Wrath of God - Wrath effects are as good in this format as they ever were in any other format. This might be one of the top 5 cards in the cube.
- Mana Leak - The best counter spell in the cube.
- Angelic Benediction & Frontline Sage - A pair of cards that you'd be happy to fit into any exalted bant deck.
- Noble Hierarch - I'm half convinced that this is the #1 overall best card in the cube. If it's not the best card, it's still the most expensive. I keep on going back and forth with a couple other cards, but it's interesting.
- Sublime Archangel - May be the most powerful exalted card in the cube. But it's still the 2nd most expensive.
- Sleep - This card can win games on the spot and a fine card for any grixis control deck.
- Primordial Hydra - This is one of the cards that I fear might be too powerful for the cube. The only reason I haven't gotten rid of it is because I needed a green spell with X in its casting cost. It may just be a vanilla creature, but it's a vanilla creature that demands a response from your opponent immediately.
- Wort, the Raidmother - This is one of my pet cards that I try to force into every deck. She fits into both bant & grixis, she creates goblin tokens, and for the rest of the draft you'll be looking for good instants & sorceries to abuse.
- Talrand, Sky Summoner - A limited bomb in the right deck. If you want to have fun jamming as many instants & sorceries as possible, this is your pick (and maybe follow up with Wort, Raidmother?).
- Bladetusk Boar - In a format with a lot of exalted, evasion might be just the thing you need for your deck. It isn't a secret why this boar was included in M13.
- Rise/Fall - Multipurpose card with multiple spells with multiple tricks.
- Mindclaw Shaman - Some people swear by this card in M13 draft, but I always thought it was more of a "cross your fingers" fun card. It's either a blow out (grabbing something like Cruel Ultimatum) or an over priced 2/2 creature.
- Earthquake - Both a wrath effect and direct damage.
- Crippling Blight - A fine semi-removal spell in any aggressive deck.
Please upvote the Reddit thread for this cube HERE.