1 Mayael the Anima
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Primeval Titan
2 Sun Titan
2 Inferno Titan
4 Oblivion Ring
3 Mayael's Aria
3 Unburial Rites
4 Faithless Looting
3 Life from the Loam
4 Mox Diamond
1 Dark Depths
2 Kessig Wolf Run
3 Arid Mesa
How does the deck work?
This deck has 2 win conditions: Either beat down with titans or win instantly with Mayael's Aria by getting a 20 power creature onto the battlefield. With plenty of mana acceleration and a little reanimation, you're looking at a turn 2-4 titan. The best thing about the deck is that each of the titan interact beautifully with Mayael's Aria and they just happen to be in the correct colors:
- Primeval Titan - Explode the mana base including a full set of Cloudposts, a pair of Kessig Wof Runs, and a Dark Depths.
- Sun Titan - Able to return the much needed lands from your graveyard to play, but also perfect for bringing back multiple arias that you've dumped in your graveyard.
- Inferno Titan - Provides a little control, but also has a built in mechanic that can activate the aria's 2nd ability on its own.
How does this deck differ from similar decks out there?
I've been trying to break Mayael's Aria for a long time and for some reason I just wasn't making the connection with the titans. The Primeval Titan powers out Cloudposts, Kessig Wolf Run, and Dark Depths. The Sun Titan fetches back into play free arias and lands. And Inferno Titan can control the board gaining yourself some life.
What is your favorite thing about the deck?
Winning with the aria is always fun, but it's the interaction that many cards in the deck have with the titans that really satisfies the Timmy in me. Here are a few Timmy friendly plays that this deck has going for it:
- Primeval Titan + Cloudpost is just insane when combined with either Kessig Wolf Run or Dark Depths. It's also worth noting that the pair of Glimmerposts can potentially net you +12 life in a pinch.
- Berserk represents huge titans and potential 20+ power creatures during your upkeep, but it also represents early game instant spot removal.
- Inferno Titan + Mayael's Aria with 3 red sources in play = +10 life and +1/+1 counters for all.
- With all the potential dredge in the deck, a Sun Titan can potentially grab all 3 arias from your graveyard to play. And of course, 3x Mayael's Aria represents 3x +1/+1 counters and +30 life every turn.